We've decided to hunker down and give the Windy City a chance to win us over. We've been stationary in Chicago for most September, trying new restaurants, hanging out with our upstairs neighbors and becoming experts in parallel parking (ok, not experts yet but getting there!). We're headed back to MN for our ONLY trip in September to see Carrie and Jai enter into the holy institution of matrimony and also to celebrate my goddaughter, Ashley's 1st birthday.
Ashley Berry playing with her food
Steve is busy setting new wholesaler records and hitting the road several days a week. After realizing that I haven't had more than 3 consecutive weeks off in over 10 years, I enjoyed having a summer vacation and appreciated Danyelle and Michelle taking me to the beach and showing me all that the city has to offer. I am on the job hunt and have had a few interviews (I feel your pain Micah!). I am looking forward to gainful employment and rejoining the workforce.
We headed out to Deerfield last weekend to visit Josh and Ellie Kaiser. Their home is adorable and their puppy is full of energy. We wandered through their neighborhood and enjoyed an afternoon BBQ with the Kaisers. We're very thankful for the friends that we have here in Chicago.
Next week we have our 20 weeks ultrasound and provided the baby cooperates, we should know what we are having! We'll post pictures next week from the ultrasound. I've begun to feel the baby move and Steve is eagerly awaiting the day when he can also feel the baby move. Other than baby movement, the pregnancy updates are that my pants are tight and my energy is back in full force. We've tried to track the bump progress but thus far shows to be fairly uneventful. My doctor assures us that my weight gain is perfectly ok and that I will eventually develop a distinct baby bump.

17 weeks at the Metrodome-Gopher win #1

18 weeks at our apartment-Gopher win #2
No comments:
Post a Comment