Cat Chu offered to bring us over dinner last night and who are we to turn down home-cooked goodness? In return, we decided to bathe Reagan and put her in new pj's for Cat's visit. We filled up the baby tub, scrubbed her down and lubed her up with a nice coating of baby lotion. There she was smelling as sweet as she looked. Cat's visit was fairly uneventful, with the right amount of alert and sleeping times and a feeding in the middle.
Steve and I also had a date to Skype with the Berrys. While Steve and Scott were working out some of the technical difficulties, I was holding Reagan and she performed one of the "miracles" of infancy; a dirty diaper effort that would make any truck driver proud, complete with great sound effects from both ends and an "incredible" smell. Since she is a notorious multiple pooper, I held her a little while longer to see if she had any more to deal with. Unbeknownst to me, Reagan had achieved a huge feat in her diaper, managing to poop not only out of the back of her diaper but also out of the front of her diaper. I looked down to see a dijon mustard type substance oozing out of the front of her diaper, all over her clean pj's and Reagan staring up at me with the most content look on her face. Needless to say, in addition to us fumbling through the Skype issues, we also were up to our elbows in Reagan's mess. I think she might be Fabick's baby, based on the events of the night...
Just thought I'd be one of those parents who talk about pooping...yep, we've embraced parenthood to its fullest!
1 comment:
David and I often find ourselves having conversations about how often our dog poops. Weird how conversation about booze, boys, and clothes in college have turned to conversation about "small beings'" bodily functions.
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying parenthood - she's a lucky gal ;)
Love
Danah P
Post a Comment