Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Aunt Robin comes for spring break

For Robin's spring break, she decided to forgo the bikini and tequila poppers and come to Chicago to visit her favorite niece (ok, her only niece).  It's been so nice having a trained professional here to show us all sorts of new games to play with Reagan, as she was getting tired playing "Who is that baby in the mirror".  Robin is thoroughly working Reagan through tummy time and got all of the new toys out to show her.  In addition, Robin helped Reagan discover her feet, which was quite exciting!  Our favorite game so far has been putting the little stacking plush flowers on her wrists, Edward Forty-Hands style (and by our, I mean Robin and I, getting a good laugh at it!).
This week Reagan has also become quite the little talker, trading her little baby grunts for coos and gurgles.  She now spends most of her awake time vocalizing how exciting her world is through her new sounds.

It's been a busy week--since Robin is here, we've ventured out quite a bit more than usual. We've been quite amused watching people trying to determine which one of us is the mommy as we push Reagan around.  Today the weather turned warmer and mild so we walked around Old Orchard Mall, an outdoor mall near us and Reagan was the best little shopper.  I think she must take after her mommy!

1 comment:

The Fabicks said...

She is growing so fast!!! I am glad that Reagan is enjoying the flower stacker that Fabick and I gave her. How fun tohave Robin in town too...Have a great week! Glad the weather is warming up for you. P.S.Happy First Easter, Reagan!!