Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reagan-isms and Jack's new tricks

Before we forget, here's a list of the funny things that Reagan has said/done recently:
  • Reagan: "I want to watch Cars". Momma: "I need to go outside to the car to get Cars". Reagan: "Go fast!"
  • Momma to Reagan at Target: "I don't want to see you open those Goldfish until we buy them." Reagan: "Momma, close your eyes".
  • Momma to Reagan driving with Reagan: "Keep your eyes open for more tunnels" to which she did the following:
  • Reagan to Momma, while wiping Momma's face: "Momma, I can't get the chocolate off of your face" (meaning she couldn't scrub the moles off of my face)
  • Momma to Reagan: "Jack doesn't want his pa-pa (pacifier) right now". Reagan: "Why?!?!"
  • Reagan: "I'm watching Cars in the CAR!"
  • Momma: "Do you love Jack?", Reagan: "Yes, I love jackets"
Jack has had a BIG week...
I swore that I would never be the momma who spent time sharing poop stories with people but...
Jack's personal diaper filling schedule took a turn for the worse a couple of weeks ago. He went from typical newborn "poops in every diaper" timing to nothing. First stretch was 4 days, then another 5 day stretch and finally last Monday, it had been a whole week. At first the concern was only mild but as each stretch got longer it grew. After calling our pediatrician, we headed into see what was up. Minds eased knowing that everything was fine and he would take care of business when he needed to, we stopped at Target. As we rounded the corner on the diaper aisle, a fitting event blew through Jack's pants and he looked up at me and smiled his sweetest and most contented smile.


Last week Jack began smile. Not the "I just had gas" or reflex smiling but a true, "I think you are really funny smile". To balance out that smile, he's also found his cry (I think he is trying to compete with Reagan's pipes) to let us know when something is not to his liking. His cries are still few and far between but he's not afraid to use it as necessary.

This week Jack discovered both his hands and his voice on the same day. Much to Reagan's amazement he doesn't seem too interested in his pa-pa's and now spends his waking time loudly sucking on his hands. When not filled with his little hands, he smiles and coo's in the cutest little voice. I know I am biased but I can't think of anything sweeter than my little man's little voice. While Reagan is a set of pipes to be reckoned with, Jack is a quiet chatter.

We're attempting the drive back to MN again next weekend to attend Ashley's first dance recital and Amy's party to celebrate her finishing her MBA. Are we crazy? Possibly...

3 comments:

Feef said...

Awe! Sounds like you're having a great time off with your cuties!

Robyn said...

First of all Kudos on the blogging. You went from 3 blogs in 2 years to 3 blogs in 2 weeks! As a mom you can't help but share poop stories, it's one of those badges of honor. My favorite Regan-ism is "momma, close your eyes" :). Smart cookie.

Robyn said...

My favorite Reagan-ism is "mommy close your eyes". She's just problem solving! What a smart little cookie.